Election Day Polls Open from 7:30am to 7:30 pm at the following locations:
Alpena Community Center, Bergman City Hall, Bellefonte City Hall, Boone County Election Center, Capps Trinity Baptist Church, Cottonwood Fire Department, Diamond City-City Hall, Hilltop Fire Department, Lead Hill First Baptist Church, Omaha City Hall, Valley Springs City Hall, Woodland Heights Baptist Church
To View a Sample Ballot; click the link: VoterView
- Tips and reminders for a Primary Election
- this is to ensure you are you and that you receive the correct the ballot
- You are not declaring a party by answering this question, you are just choosing a ballot to vote on. In the primary, all candidates for the same office, same party candidates must compete against each other, the winners of each party for each race will then compete against each other in the General Election held in November.
- So let’s say voter Doe Fawn is registered as Optional in Voter Registration, Doe can choose the Democratic Ballot, the Republican Ballot or the Non-Partisan Ballot and it will not change how she is registered to vote. And she is not declaring to be apart of any party.
- You will be required to show Photo ID
- You will be asked to state your name, address and date of birth
- You will be asked "What party's ballot would you like"
- It does not matter how you are registered to vote (I.E. Republican, Democrat, or Optional), you can choose any party ballot but only one. Whatever party ballot you choose will only have candidates that are running under that party's name listed on it.
- The Non-Partisan Ballot will only have Judicial and School Board races. Offices for US President, Congress, State House/Representatives, County JP or Constables will not appear on this ballot because they do not fall under the Judicial Category.
- School Board races will appear on all ballot styles if there is a contested race. If the candidate is unopposed according to Arkansas State Law, that candidate is considered the winner and is declared as so and separately from the contested races.
- All other County Offices (County Judge, County/Circuit Clerk, Sheriff, Assessor, Collector, Treasurer, Coroner and Surveyor are now elected to 4-year terms and will not be up for re-election until 2022.