- First day for Candidate filing (includes Party Candidates, Independent Candidates, Non-Partisan Candidates as well as Write-Ins) will begin on Monday November 4th, 2019 at noon and will end one week later November 12th, 2019 at noon.
- Party Candidates packet will be available for pickup on November 1st.
- Independent Candidates will file all paperwork minus the petition during this week. Petitions will not be required to be filed until May 1, 2020.
This filing is for anyone wishing to run for any Boone County Justice of the Peace, Boone County Constable or any Boone County School Board positions.
Current Holders of the open seats are as follows:
- JP District 1 - Jim Milum (R)
- JP District 2 - Glen Redding (R)
- JP District 3 - Roy Martin (R)
- JP District 4 - Bryan Snavely (R)
- JP District 5 - Fred Woehl Jr (R)
- JP District 6 - Bobby Woods (R)
- JP District 7 - Rodney Sullins (R)
- JP District 8 - Jim Harp (R)
- JP District 9 - Ralph H Guynn (R)
- JP District 10 - James Widner (R)
- JP District 11 - David Thompson (R)
- City Constable - Ken Kelly
- North Boone Constable - Joseph Jenkins
- South Boone Constable - George Jay White
- Alpena School Board: 5-year term; Kenny Underdown
- Bergman School Board: Position 3;5-year term; Jason "Sarge" King
- Harrison School Board: Position 3; 4-year term; John McCuistion
- Position 4; 4-year term; Marisa Keylon
- Lead Hill School Board: Position 5; 5-year term; Richey Davidson
- Omaha School Board: Position 3; 5-year term; Frances Blevins
- Valley Springs School Board: 5-year term; Chris Graddy
JP and Constables are a 2- year term.
School Board Members run only by Non-Partisan or write-in.
All other Boone County Elected positions (County Judge, County Clerk, Circuit Clerk, Treasurer, Collector, Assessor, Sheriff, Coroner and Surveyor) are now a four year terms.
Packets can be picked up at the Boone County Election Center starting August 14, 2019 for Non-Partisan School Board candidates only.